Alternative City Tour
The Alternative Berlin Walking Tour will run daily from the 2nd June!
Stranded behind the Iron Curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own, unique identity and became a magnet for non-conformists in search of an alternative lifestyle. Sub-cultures, squats, and graffiti art became part of Berlin’s distinct style, and with the fall of the Berlin Wall the scene didn’t disappear, it simply moved east.
Explore the gritty, grungy, underground of the city that Berliners love! Witness the clash between corporate expansion & counter-culture.
An AB transit card is required for this tour.
Take advantage of our group discount of 10% for groups of 10 or more!
This tour involves a train journey – an AB travel ticket should be purchased before joining the tour.
On the 3hr+ tour we cover
- Street art, graffiti and Berlin’s coolest districts
- Development of a unique art and nightlife culture after the fall of the wall and reunification
- Tips on cultural activities, restaurants and night life
- Protests, riots & demos
- Controversy, gentrification and urban development
- Life in Berlin today through the eyes of your guide
- East Side Gallery